Sunday, March 10, 2013

BECOMING INVISIBLE AND AMAZING ARGAN OIL


Welcome back to SAVING FACE, a blog for the mature woman who refuses to be bullied by the indignities of aging and celebrates all of its blessings!

DEEP THOUGHTS

HELP, I'M BECOMING INVISIBLE!


This is my story:

A few weeks ago I had arranged to meet my good friend Deb at a local, Vietnamese/Urban Chic, restaurant for lunch.

I called her, as pre-planned, as soon as I left my dentist office after having my teeth cleaned, to let her know I was on my way, (This is pertinent...My teeth were enchantingly sparkly!)  Being closer, she was going to scoot ahead to the restaurant to get good parking and a table.

So I get there, didn't see Deb, grabbed a table inside and waited for her......and waited....and kept scanning the restaurant....and waited.....and let the young waiter know I was expecting my friend....and waited some more and played Scramble on my phone....and waited.  Finally My phone rang and it was the winsome Ms Deb wondering where I was!

She had indeed arrived before me, and had been waiting all the while at a table on the little outdoor patio, just outside of my line of vision from the interior, chatting with some other patrons.....Comedy of errors...She came and joined me inside.

So this is the invisible part....Deb informed me that she had told two of the waiters that she was waiting for a "Tall, Beautiful Brunette".  (She is consistently the president of my fan club, and sees everyone as beautiful through her loving eyes.)

Now this is a teensy, intimate restaurant...There were no other women sitting by themselves waiting for a friend inside the restaurant.  I was served tea by at least one of the waiters she had told this to....I'm 5 feet, 9 inches tall, brunette-ish, not freakishly unattractive, waiting for a friend...and come on...I had the enchantingly sparkly teeth thing going on....YET WAS COMPLETELY INVISIBLE TO THE WAITERS BASED ON THE TALL, BEAUTIFUL BRUNETTE DESCRIPTION!  The young obviously don"t have CENSOR EYES. (See previous post.)

Now if I didn't know me, and someone said look for a "Tall, Beautiful Brunette", I don't know if I would pick myself out of a crowd.....And I certainly enjoyed teasing the snot out of the poor young waiter when I heard Deb's story, (hopefully he'll extend some grace to another older woman should a similar situation rise again.)  Yet it was one of those OUCH moments that seem to multiply as I get older.

I like what Frank Kaiser wrote on the SUDDENLY SENIOR site, "Geezers become aware of their own evanescing when 20 and 30 year olds start looking through them Casper-like.  If you were once attractive to the opposite sex, I understand that this experience can be terrifying....and if that's not bad enough, soon or later those youngsters to whom you're invisible will run right over you if you don't step quickly out of their way.  I may not move like a 25 year old anymore, but I've learned how to sidestep like one."

It's not just the "You can't stand in the pretty line anymore" moments that hurt....There is a much broader cloak of invisibility that we we begin to wear as we age...at work, at stores, at parties....I remember going to the doctor with my mother in her later years and observing her doctor speak about her as if she was not there, directing all inquiries to me instead of her...She had become completely invisible....(yes, I set him straight!)

Has anyone else experienced age related invisibility yet?

RESOLUTIONS:

1) BE VISIBLE....Even if it involves performing interpretive dance moves in public venues with the sole purpose of embarrassing your husband.

2) SEE OTHERS!



AMAZING ARGAN OIL

Argan oil is extracted from the seeds of the Argan tree, that is only found in southwest Morocco.  It is sometimes referred to as Liquid Gold.

 Argan oil is known to be extremely moisturizing for both skin and hair.  It is light weight, easily absorbed, and is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids. Argan oil is recommended for hydrating and moisturizing skin, as a daily treatment and also for treating more severe rashes, scars and patches of dry skin, for treating dry hair and for softening cuticles.  Online research even indicates it has benefits for treating acne.

Most of what I have read indicates that you should only buy 100% Pure Argan Oil, with no other chemical additives, in order to experience it's full effects.


MY REVIEW OF ARGAN OIL

I have been using this product for over six months, often in conjunction with a Hyaluronic Acid serum, which was recommended for super moisturizing.  I mostly use it at night, on my face, neck and decolltage, on the days when I'm skipping my Retin-A application. Sometimes I will use it on top of my Retin-A if I'm feeling like my skin is too dry.

I like that it is light weight, easily absorbed and very moisturizing. The product I use has no odor, which is a huge plus, as I'm extremely sensitive to cosmetic perfumes.  I have also started using it on my face in the morning, patting it gently on the wrinkly areas around the eyes  and on the upper cheeks.  It softens  the appearance of fine lines, creating a "dewy" look.  I use less during the day than I would at night, as I don't want "dewy" to turn into "oil slicky".

The product I use is extremely well priced.  I buy mine through Amazon, for $14.95, with free shipping, for a 2 oz. bottle with a stopper.  Each bottle lasts me at least two months, a little goes a long way.  The oil I use is sold by Timeless Skin Care, who describes it as 100% Pure, virgin organic, and cold pressed.  You can pay a lot more for this oil, so shop carefully.


GRACE'S REVIEW OF ARGAN OIL

I happen to be blessed, or cursed, depending on how you look at it, with thick, curly, coarse hair.  It has gotten more coarse as I have grayed.  A few months ago, a new hairdresser suggested I might try Argan Oil to soften and smooth out my hair.  He also told me it would cut my drying time down by about half.  He was right on all counts.  My hair is softer.  It is easier to style and the curls are more relaxed.  I find it easier to work with.  It is expensive, but with the very small amount that is used with each application, it will last a long time.  I think it is worth it, and I am very satisfied with the results!

TECHNICAL STUFF

If you would like to continue getting posts, please subscribe by email or through another subscriber account. (See gadgets at the upper right side of the blog.)  It looks like a lot of viewers are getting linked through their Facebook accounts....so definitely LIKE this blog on Facebook! http://savingfacewithteresa.blogspot.com/


DISCLAIMERS

I have no medical training what so ever.  Zilch.  Zero.  Nada.  I'm not even CPR certified.

My opinions and those of contributors, are just that, opinions.

Most of my opinions are formed as a result of personal experiences and rigorous scientific investigation such as polling my buddies at lunch or Happy Hour.

I am not the shill of any product manufacturer.

If after reading a review on this blog you feel tempted to spend your hard earned money on a recommended product or procedure, check it out first with your medical provider or aesthetician.  Do your own research.  Use common sense.









2 comments: